I have been very vigilant in my weight loss efforts. I have lost 20 pounds and make an effort to go to the gym at least 4 times a week. But two things always stand in my way — pizza and chocolate. I have eaten cauliflower pizza crust (it’s satisfactory), but I have not been able to satisfy my chocolate craving until now. So I want to share with you my recipe for Flourless Chocolate Chip Brownies.
. Nonstick cooking spray
. 1 15 oz can chickpeas (drain and rinse)
. 1/4 cup butter (or organic coconut oil)
. 2 large eggs
. 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
. 1 tsp vanilla extract
. 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
. 1/2 tsp baking powder
. Sea salt
. 1/4 cup semi-sweet (or dark) chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line 9 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly coat with spray.
3. In separate blender (or food processor) place chickpeas, butter, eggs, maple syrup, extract, cocoa powder, baking powder and a touch of salt. Blend until smooth.
4. Add chocolate chips, mix by hand until blended.
5. Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
7. Cool. Cut into squares.
Please note that you can substitute cannelloni beans for garbanzo beans. They make it a little smoother. If you use an 8×8 inch pan brownies will be a little thicker.